The following Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) is effective date of revision:
SafeHaus UK Ltd (the “SafeHaus UK”), a company organised and existing under the laws of England and Wales, with its office located at: Hillcrest, Woodstock Drive, Worsley, Manchester, M28 2NP, United Kingdom
You (the “Client”)
“Booking Fee” means the relevant booking fee to be paid by the Client to SafeHaus UK Ltd as set out on the Web Site and in the Schedule of these terms and conditions;
“(Child)Care Services” means the service provided by the Carer on the terms agreed between the Client and the Company;
“(Child)Care Fee” means the relevant fee to be paid by the Client to the Company by bank transfer, cheque or by PayPal on conclusion of the (Child)Care Services as set out on the Web Site and in the Schedule of these terms and conditions;
“Client” means an individual for whom the (Child)Care Services are provided;
“Fees” means together the Registration Fee, the Booking Fee and the (Child)Care Fee;
“SafeHaus UK” means SafeHaus UK Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08270774;
“Registration Fee” means the registration fees to be paid by the Client by debit, credit card, online bank transfer or other means, to SafeHaus UK Ltd as more fully described on the Web Site and in the Schedule of these terms and conditions;
“Carer” means the person who provides services to the Client for the provision of (Child)Care Services on behalf of the Company;
“Web Site” means http://safehaus-uk.co.uk.
“Online Booking System” means SafeHaus UK online booking system
“Online Database” means SafeHaus UK online database
WHEREAS the SafeHaus UK is in the business of supply of services relating to standard and emergency (Child)Care; and
WHEREAS this Agreement contains the SafeHaus UK’s terms of engagement;
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements herein contained, the parties hereto, intending, to be legally bound, agree as follows:
- SERVICES PROVIDED
- SafeHaus UK is prepared to provide the following professional (Child)Care services to You. SafeHaus UK will only undertake business on the following terms and conditions which are legally binding on all contracting parties.
- SafeHaus UK is not liable for any loss, injury, accident, claim, cost, charge, expense, action or demand whatsoever in any jurisdiction arising from or in any way connected with (Child)Care services booked outside of the Company.
- The definitions shall apply equally to both the singular and plural forms of the terms defined. Whenever the context may require, any pronoun shall be included in the corresponding masculine, feminine and neuter forms.
- RATES (Temporary placements)
We require a minimum of 4 hours per booking or request.
Monthly Registration Fee: £100 (Registration fees are non-refundable)
- Companies/Employers: Please check with SafeHaus UK for other fees. (All fees are per child, with discounts for subsequent children up to 20%)
- SERVICE FEES Babysitting: £12 Respite Childcare: £15p/hr
In-Home Childcare (children with disabilities): from £20p/hr
Temporary nanny/Nanny cover: £15
Emergencies (within 72 hrs notice): £30
- OTHER FEES Holiday Nannies Per week: from £750 Per day: from £170
- Any other (child)care requests, please see safehaus-uk.co.uk or contact us on 0161 794 8469/ 07890791 741.
- TEMPORARY CARE (ONE OFF) DAILY BOOKING FEE: £20 MONTHLY BOOKING FEE – £150
SERVICES: from £12 P/HR (or contact us for a list of services and fees)
- CALCULATION OF FEES AND OTHER CHARGES
- Fees for professional services are calculated on the time spent by SafeHaus UK, associates and staff attending to said services, multiplied by the relevant hourly rate. Time is costed by reference to per hour units. The hourly rate is applied to all services provided on Company’s behalf, including (Child)Care, babysitting, respite care, in-home care, school pickup/drop off companion, and other applicable services as dictated by You.
- It is important that parents/guardians adhere to the service time booked, as any delays will require Carer to work overtime and may result in higher costs and therefore Fees for all parents/guardians. Delays must be no more than 5 minutes or a double time hourly charge will apply.
- Before any bill is sent to You (depending on arrangements at time of booking), SafeHaus UK will review it to ensure that fees and other charges are appropriate.
- BILLING ARRANGEMENTS
- Billing occurs at the end of each weekly session with the description of work performed during that session. The Registration Fee will be charged to your nominated debit, credit card or bank account in advance starting from the first day of registration. Temporary booking fees must be paid at point of booking. (Ask about fees for permanent placements)
- Bills are payable within 7 days from the date of invoice except for emergency situations, where fees are payable immediately.
- Alteration of Payment Terms
- SafeHaus UK reserves the right to increase the Fees and to alter the terms on which the Fees are paid at its sole discretion.
- SafeHaus UK will give two weeks’ Notice of any change to the payment terms or any increase of the Fees.
If the Client does not pay a bill sent by SafeHaus UK or complies with a request for payment in advance within 14 days after the invoice is sent or the request is made, SafeHaus UK may immediately stop services to the Client and take debt recovery action against the Client.
- REQUEST FOR FEE DETAILS & REMAINING WORK ESTIMATE
SafeHaus UK will provide upon request the itemised details of the service, fees and costs incurred so far and an estimate of the service, fees and costs payable in a registration year to complete the matter.
- TERMINATION BY CLIENT
The Client may terminate this agreement by giving SafeHaus UK a written notice at any time and will be liable for all work fees incurred up to that time. If Client does not provide such a notice, Client will be obliged to pay any fees payable for the period and for other charges incurred.
- SERVICE CANCELLATION
In the event of a cancellation by the client from 2 working days of the requested/booked time; a charge equivalent to 2 working days would be applicable (registered clients only) and equivalent to the booking fee and 4 hours of booked time (temporary clients).
- TERMINATION BY SAFEHAUS UK LTD
SafeHaus UK may terminate this agreement and stop acting for Client if:
- Client does not comply with this Agreement.
- SafeHaus UK forms the opinion, on reasonable grounds, that mutual confidence and trust do not exist between both parties; or
- SafeHaus UK believes on reasonable grounds that, by continuing to act for the Client, it may breach the professional conduct rules which are binding upon professionals in the Care industry.
- Each party undertakes to the other to treat as confidential all information in any medium or format (whether marked “confidential” or not) which that party (the “Recipient”) receives from the other (the “Disclosing Party”) (“Confidential Information”).
- The Recipient may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party where required to do so by law or by any competent regulatory authority. In these circumstances the Recipient shall give the Disclosing Party prompt advance written notice of the disclosure (where lawful and reasonably practical to do so) so that the Disclosing Party has enough opportunity (where reasonably possible) to prevent or control the manner of disclosure by appropriate legal means.
- SafeHaus UK may disclose the Client’s personal information to third parties (including but not limited to):
- in the event that SafeHaus UK sells or buys any business or assets, in which case SafeHaus UK may disclose the Client’s personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if SafeHaus UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its Clients will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If SafeHaus UK is under a duty to disclose or share its personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SafeHaus UK, their Carers, its Clients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
SafeHaus UK thoroughly interviews each and every Childcare worker and reviews at least three references submitted to it by the (Child)care Worker.
To the extent permitted by law, SafeHaus UK will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website or the services provided by SafeHaus UK.
The Client agrees to indemnify and hold SafeHaus UK harmless from and against any breach by You, of these terms and conditions and any claim or demand brought against SafeHaus UK by any third party arising out of the Client’s use of the Web Site and the services provided by SafeHaus UK, including without limitation all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by SafeHaus UK in consequence of the Client’s breach of these terms and conditions.
In no circumstances shall SafeHaus UK’s total liability to the Client, whether in respect of goods or services and whether based in negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise, exceed the Fees paid by the Client.
- REFUNDS AND REPLACEMENTS
- In the event that a Carer cancels a reserved Engagement, SafeHaus UK undertakes to use reasonable efforts to provide a replacement as soon as reasonably practicable.
- If SafeHaus UK is unable to find a suitable replacement, we will refund the Service Fee.
- SafeHaus UK may at any time discontinue the Website or any part thereof and the provision of its services without prior notice and shall not be liable to the Client or any third party for any losses arising from such termination.
- The Client acknowledges and undertakes that it will arrange Engagements solely through SafeHaus UK and pay all associated Fees. The Client undertakes not to arrange (Child)Care Services directly with the Carer.
Should SafeHaus UK have grounds to believe that the Client and the Carer have arranged for the provision of (Child)Care Services to the exclusion of SafeHaus UK and/or failed to pay the relevant Fee SafeHaus UK reserves the right to:
- seek payment in arrears from the Client of any unpaid Fees;
- terminate this agreement; and/or
- remove the Carer from its database.
- seek to recover the cost of replacing the said member of staff, agency fees for cover staff, advertising costs, management time for recruitment and selection and all such other costs reasonably and necessarily incurred by SafeHaus UK in replacing the Carer, together with all legal fees and disbursements. A minimum fee of £2000 will be payable to SafeHaus UK by the Parent/Guardian on account of these costs or a finder’s fee payment equivalent to 12 weeks of carer’s salary.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The Parties confirm that these terms and conditions represent the entire understanding and constitute the whole agreement of the parties in relation to its subject matter and supersede any previous agreement between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
- GOVERNING LAW
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
- Each party irrevocably agrees that the Courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these terms and conditions and any matter arising from them.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, each party to this agreement has caused it to be executed in Manchester on the date indicated below.
LAST UPDATED: 26 July 2020